cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox NAT & Teredo issues

Jae85UK
Joining in

Seems like a problem others have faced but I'm a 3.0 hub user who is experiencing "NAT unavailable" and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" issues on my Xbox series X which means party chat isn't working.

Also have an Xbox series S in the same household which doesn't have the issue - I'm assuming multiple consoles on the same network is causing the problem?!

I've followed Microsoft support in terms of port forwarding/static IP etc but without a resolution.

Any advice on fixing this would be much appreciated. I've seen other similar issues which seems to be localised, my postcode is RH11 if this helps.

TIA

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

put hub in modem mode an get a better router with 1Gb ports

---------------------------------------------------------------

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jae85UK

Sorry to hear of the NAT type issues with your Series X console via Virgin Media, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We don't support port forwarding I'm afraid, do you only get the error when both Xbox's are in use and connected to the same network? 

Rob

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe with 2 Xboxs you will need to use two different ports for this to work.  So make sure they are both different.

How to Change Port Selection On Xbox One Internet Settings (Fast Tutorial) (youtube.com)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me. No the issue doesn't happen when only one console is in use.

Microsoft suggest that the issue could be because the router doesn't support multiple Xbox devices.  Do you know if the 3.0 Hub would have this problem?

Thanks

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With two consoles on the same LAN they will often be using the same ports, so you need a router that does a good job of managing UPNP in order to ensure the correct traffic goes to the correct console.  Unfortunately the VM hubs do not have a good reputation when it comes to UPNP, even the Hub 3.  The best solution is usually to get a third party router and put the hub into modem mode.

The old Xbox forums had a thread where users would recommend routers that worked well with multiple consoles, but the link I have no longer works.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with a Hub 3. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

trvrhalliday
Tuning in

Keeping an eye on this, I'm having the same issue in Kent, and it's frustrating and embarrassing. 

Getting a router doesn't help, its the connection directly from Virgin thats the issue not the kit being used.