cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown contacts in address list when composing emails

countzero
Tuning in

Hi,

when composing an email to myself to check that it was still working after a change I noticed that there were many entries in my address book from the first part of my id followed by a string of numbers and letters and the domain comcast.net. There are no emails in my inbox trash or spam folders with this domain, so where are they coming from?

thanks

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

countzero
Tuning in

Hi did you find out where these addresses were coming from? I have the same issue but I'd like to know what the addresses are before deleting them

Thanks,

Steve

BEF
Up to speed

Hi, No I'm afraid I don't know where these random addresses come from. when I look closer there a some that are genuine people that I recognise but there are currently well over 3 thousand of them the majority I do not recognise? See attached screen shot.Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 14.26.34.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is an option within VM webmail settings to turn off the collection of email addresses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey countzero,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email, have you been able to remove the addresses using the method suggested by Graham_A? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L