cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send emails again

muffmasterh
Superfast

NTL world, once again unable to send emails " An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. "

Help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The best way to avoid this issue is to use an email client such as Thunderbird or Bluemail to access your email account.

You would need to generate an app password to use with the email client.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately this seems to be an intermittent error within VM webmail that tends to resolve itself within a few hours 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

muffmasterh
Superfast

Thanks Graham yes that is what happened over the weekend, but not very good though is it, VM need to say something about it at the very least no keep us in the dark !

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The best way to avoid this issue is to use an email client such as Thunderbird or Bluemail to access your email account.

You would need to generate an app password to use with the email client.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management.

not really good enough is it though Graham, firstly that process is at the limit of my skill set, secondly there are too many horror stories on here on doing that and it makes no difference or even worse being locked out of their accounts, thirdly why should we have do, Virgin need to at lease advise us that there is an ogoing issue. And what is the problem with using Chrome then ?

Hi muffmasterh,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you've had a recent issue with your emails not being sent.

As our valued member @Graham_A has given excellent advise with how to resolve this issue, can we ask if you're now able to send emails since your last post.

Kind regards Jodi. 

sadly i am not technical enough to act on Grahams advice & once again this morning i am unable to send emails from my ntlworld email address, Can somebody at virgin tell me what is happening as it is not for me to find a work around it is for Virgin to fix this,  thank you.

well VM, is somebody actually looking at this problem at all ?