cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Password Generator

EnterTheGMan
Dialled in

My outlook has popped up asking for a password to send an email which it's not done before.  I eventually managed to find the area to generate a password to use for Outlook and now it's saying I need to change me email address.  Er, no.  I have so many account linked to that email address and now Virgin want me to change it to verify it's me.  That doesn't seem right to me.  Why can I not just enter my gmail address to send a code to?  How do I get around this or is that it now, I can't use Outlook unless I change my whole email address?

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EnterTheGMan

We have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

Password changes now require a verification code to be sent to a third party email address.  

The change of username does not change the underlying VM email address.

If you do have any further questions regarding this, please pop back to us here and we can assist further. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

EnterTheGMan
Dialled in

Hi,  if that's the case then the wording of the message could do with being changed.  The way it's worded is that you need to change your email address.  Or, do what Microsoft do with their accounts, have a secondary email address to send codes to rather than just changing the primary email.

vmrunreliable
Superfast

It's just part of the data grab unfortunately. They want to have another email address for you in their quest to hold as much information about you as possible. It won't be long before they'll need your eye colour, shoe size and national insurance number too.