cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mail on Android with Outlook using IMAP

O_South
Tuning in

I’ve been advised I have to change my e-mail credentials for my ntlworld account, including a new generated password. I’ve updated the Windows Outlook client for POP3 usage successfully but the IMAP access on my Android Outlook app using the instructions from the Virgin Web site won’t log on. What account name should I be using? Following the change to VM login credentials should I still be using my Virgin email address as the username? Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the Android Outlook app you will need to use the full ntlworld email address for the account concerned (not the third party username) and the generated app password.  Usually with the Outlook app you have to delete the account first and then add it back using the updated credentials.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the Android Outlook app you will need to use the full ntlworld email address for the account concerned (not the third party username) and the generated app password.  Usually with the Outlook app you have to delete the account first and then add it back using the updated credentials.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Loads of thanks. Removing and resetting worked a charm (second time). Hard to believe that such a sledgehammer solution is still needed but the old ones are so often the best.

Thanks again