cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blueyonder email password to log onto the p0p3 and smtp servers?

Bigtenchman
Joining in

Hi,

Need help.

I have just rebuilt my PC and am unable to reinstall my email (removed@blueyonder.co.uk) because I have forgotten my password to access both the pop3 and smtp servers? 8-)

I am using Oulook as my email client.

How do I reset it?

Cheers

Dave

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting your email set up on Outlook. There are some steps you'll need to follow in order to resolve this. 

Please log in to My Virgin Media here > Click on Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > scroll down to the App password section and click the Generate new App password button.

You should get a pop up message asking you to verify your email address and you'll need to use a 3rd party email address to continue. You'll be sent a one time passcode to enter on the next page to verify it's you. Once verified you can then use this mail password in Outlook with your Virgin Media email address as the username.

These changes have been put in place as Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is now required. Just as a side note, when logging in to My VM, you will continue to use your third party email address and current password as these are separate from the Email app details. 

Please let me know how you get on and apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting your email set up on Outlook. There are some steps you'll need to follow in order to resolve this. 

Please log in to My Virgin Media here > Click on Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > scroll down to the App password section and click the Generate new App password button.

You should get a pop up message asking you to verify your email address and you'll need to use a 3rd party email address to continue. You'll be sent a one time passcode to enter on the next page to verify it's you. Once verified you can then use this mail password in Outlook with your Virgin Media email address as the username.

These changes have been put in place as Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is now required. Just as a side note, when logging in to My VM, you will continue to use your third party email address and current password as these are separate from the Email app details. 

Please let me know how you get on and apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bigtenchman
Joining in

Up and running now with the new passowrd.Thanks Kath, was a bit fiddly to follow especially the obtaining of a third party email address...but got there in the end.

Cheers Dave