cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vm locked me out and I cant reset password

Marcccc
Tuning in

I was logged out of my Vm today when trying to access my webmail, my password wouldnt work and when I went to reset it, I entered my vm webmail email inhopes of using my security questions but it claimed the email doesnt exist???? What is going on? This is a problem with my ENTIRE vm account as I had to make a whole new account to post this complaint

10 REPLIES 10

Marcccc
Tuning in

I was logged out of my Vm today when trying to access my webmail, my password wouldnt work and when I went to reset it, I entered my vm webmail email inhopes of using my security questions but it claimed the email doesnt exist???? What is going on? This is a problem with my ENTIRE vm account as I had to make a whole new account to post this complaint

-D
On our wavelength

Same here since September and none the wiser.

-D

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marcccc,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble accessing your account. Just to clarify, are you unable to sign into your My Virgin Media account, or a specific email account?

Have you recently moved home at all? 

Also, when you tried to create a new account were you able to successfully or were you advised that you already have an active account?

Beth

This is only a virginmedia email problem, not an offsite account. Ans when I tried to create an account with same account number it only gave an error code with something along the lines of “oops something went wrong” not that an account already exists

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is this the account number for your current Virginmedia broadband account at your present address? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Marcccc thanks for your reply.

I'd like to invite you into a PM so I can look into this further for you and attempt to look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Mpw77
Joining in

Tom - it is essential you do NOT help this person. I spent all day Thursday and into the early hours of Friday morning getting them out of my account. It was incredibly stressful. I went through the support line to fix this. I had to give them the memorable password to allow them to do anything, which this person will of course not have access to so should not be able to do anything. This had to Bev set on my mother’s email as my account was created back when she had control of everything. I, the original owner of the email address now have exclusive access to it. I repeat, do not give this person the account - I have gone through the support team to get this scammer out of my account once already.

Thanks,

Marc

Tom,

The person asking for help 'Marccc' is a hacker. He/she hacked my son's account in order to hack into and take control of his gaming accounts. I would ask please DO NOT help him get back into my son's account. I am the main account holder/ bill payer on the virgin media account. Please contact me directly before assisting this nasty little hacker! 

You were kicked out of the account because it is not your account, You hacked it!