Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to have email correspondence with VM - Impossible

JohnMorr
On our wavelength

FROM hotmail.com

apm11.muc.domeus.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com (theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered because an email server outside Office 365 reported an error that it couldn't relay your message. It's likely that the email server isn't correctly set up to receive and relay messages from your domain. To fix this, forward this non-delivery report (NDR) message to your email admin.

For Email Admins
The sender's message was routed to an email server outside Office 365 but that email server returned the error below. It's likely that the email server that reported error isn't set up correctly to receive and relay messages sent from the sender's domain. The server is not an Office 365 server - it will usually be one of your on-premises servers in a hybrid environment, a server at a smart host email service that you're trying to route messages through, or possibly even a server at an email hosting service you used in the past yet still have mail flow settings pointing to (for example, when your MX record at your domain registrar still points to your previous email service provider).

To fix this, check the server name to determine what domain, service, or server is reporting the error. The email server needs to be configured to either accept messages from anonymous users or to include the sending domain or sending IP address in its list of authenticated senders. On an Exchange server, you can set this up in the server's receive connector. If it's a smart host managed by another service or partner, contact the service or partner to configure their servers to accept and relay messages from your senders. Also, work with your domain registrar to make sure your MX records are properly configured.

Since the problem is likely due to misconfigured settings on an email server outside Office 365, unfortunately Office 365 support won't be able to help fix this issue.

apm11.muc.domeus.com gave this error:
Remote server returned not permitted to relay -> 554 5.7.1 <theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com>: Relay access denied

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am not a Virgin Media  staff member, but my understanding is that VM do not have customer service email addresses. You cannot contact them by email.

I would expect that theteam@mailing.virginmedia.com is an email address that sends outgoing messages but does not accept incoming emails.

I see you have another post running on the Volt board of this forum https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Volt/Trying-to-establish-a-new-18-month-contract-with-VM .

Have you replied to @John_GS by private message as he requested yesterday? That would be the best way to get the issue with your new contract resolved. 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks