cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM "helpdesk" no record of blueyonder email account domain

Robinadr
Joining in

Hello.  I have primary and secondary blueyonder email addresses/accounts and have been trying to find out how to find/change the password for one of the secondary accounts.  After several hours trying to find an answer I called the VM helpdesk only to be told that the "system" does not have any record of my addresses at the blueyonder domain.  Quite remarkable and somewhat astonishing given the issues that VM had last year with emails.  A "ticket" has been raised for a response within five business days...  Impossible to escalate, of course.

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

One possible reason for them not finding these accounts would be that they had been closed as no longer being attached to a current Virginmedia broadband account.

Hopefully that is not the case, as thry would be lost. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Robinadr 👋 Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your difficulties trying to update the secondary email account passwords. You can find instructions on how to do this via our help page for email 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account in the section titled 'How to manage additional Virgin Media email accounts' . 

We can help check you have everything set up correctly, and try to manually update passwords for you if needed - we would just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hello Molly 

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately:  

1)  the instructions do not help.  I should be able to find details of my blueyonder accounts following Account Settings and then Account Details.  There are no details of any of my three blueyonder email accounts.

2) looking at my inbox through the myvirginmedia site, I don't see anything in the top right corner of the page.  Is this because this inbox only contains emails for my primary blueonder email account (which really should be a secondary email account, but that's another matter). 

Thank you

Hello  Thanks for replying.  I've had these email accounts for years, originally through blueyonder and now Virginmedia broadband.  This issue only came to light when trying to transfer email accounts to the new Outlook app.  I managed to get the primary account transferred but not the secondary.  Even the primary was a challenge, having to change the blueyonder domain to virginmedia.  It really shouldn't be this difficult...

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Robinadr  You should find the Private Message from @Molly_T in your community inbox.  This is entirely separate from primary or secondary email accounts.  Scroll to the top of this community page and look for the envelope icon to the left of your profile image.  If you are using a small screen device to view the community click on your profile image and select 'Messages' from the drop down list.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks