Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Secondary account Blueyonder webmail

HiCan someone remind me how to access a secondary email account via the web?  . I have Gmail set up to import which is working fine (I think using an App password provided by VM some time ago) but I have no idea now what that is, the webmail password...

teefften by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Email Not Working

Hey you guys...For the last 3 (three) days both myself and my wife have been unable to gain access to our (ntlworld) email accounts. We have changed passwords and completed ALL of the "fixes" advised on the website. The message we receive whilst tryi...

Lost access to Virgin.net email

My virgin.net email account recently stopped me using an alias (without warning), & my efforts to sort it out, combined with several DEF01 errors, have left me with no access to around 20 years' worth of emails - I've been using an alias on this acco...

Email login issues for secondary account

Hi,I am struggling to login to my secondary VM email account which is a blueyonder account using the new app password on my Outlook and Apple apps.I am not sure which email account to use, can someone DM me please?ThanksSimon

Si999 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I Change Primary Account Username?

I have just learnt that the new policy is that any My Virgin Media username now has to be a non VM email. I am told that I now have to change the usernames on each of my VM email addresses to a non VM email address.I am unaware of any official notifi...

ahrbee by Fibre optic
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Bad request.

Bad RequestYour browser sent a request that this server could not understand.Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.I get this everytime I try to get on to my email. 

cyclops365 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Bad Request

When accessing email through : mail.virginmedia.comI get this messageBad RequestYour browser sent a request that this server could not understand.Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.PLEASE HELP!

cyclops365 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to change password

Have tried several times to change my password but always says that I haven’t met requirements even though i have tried multiple attempts within the guidelines. Need access to my account so would like this sorted. Please can a human help me, and chan...

NTLWorld Email has account has disappeared

One of my secondary Email accounts has disappeared from my main account.It was there 2 hours ago, but not when I try to log in it says Email not found.It is also not on the email list of emails in my main account.The missing account is still active a...

martintb by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

90 days email grace

Hi Virgin / Community I have left Virginmedia and today is my disconnect day. I was told I would have 90 days before my email address would be disconnected, I would use this time to change email addresses on accounts it’s linked too. Unfortunately to...

aG by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos