cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM SPAM & more Spam

Jillyflower
On our wavelength

Virgin media webmail. Inbox keeps getting SPAM , most lurid types! 

SPAM box also gets loads of Spam, I add the senders to blocklist, but there is so much arriving that every week or so I have to empty the blocked email addresses and start again. 

I do report them all, but does anyone know how I stop them getting here.  30 in 24 hours have landed. 

TIA   Jill 

14 REPLIES 14

I've never found that to work and, anyway, it's tedious adding them manually, especially as I'm talking about hundreds of e-mail addresses. Admittedly, I haven't tried it for a few years so I'll have another look and report back.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

Hi

sorry, I dont know how you create a list , but when on webmail I click on the email use drop down and mark as not SPAM.  It moves automatically to inbox and i do not recall seeing same emailer going into SPAM again.

Jill 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jillyflower wrote:

sorry, I dont know how you create a list , but when on webmail I click on the email use drop down and mark as not SPAM.  It moves automatically to inbox and i do not recall seeing same emailer going into SPAM again.

Alas moving a message to or from Spam folder is inadequate to dictate how it or similar messages will be processed in future, see following:

Marking an email or sender as spam
If you mark a specific email as spam or not spam, the filter will move that email to the relevant folder. However, your account won’t remember to filter out future messages from that sender.

[Source: How to stop spam e-mails | Virgin Media Help]

Thanks for info. And the link.  Must be coincidence mine never seem to reappear.  

Regards Jill

We are glad to see the community could advise on this @Jillyflower 

You may find the following link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account under the tab "How to block an email" useful. Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs