cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access secondary email account

karlb79
Joining in

Hi, my wife's virgin media email account (secondary account set up via my main login) was hacked a couple of weeks ago, and it has now been locked, I believe due to the amount of spam etc this has caused.

I have tried all the steps suggested on the help pages, to get logged back in, but I just keep hitting a brick wall 

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks 

Karl

4 REPLIES 4

Loubee
Joining in

Same as happened to me and my email account has gone so no one will help me either, my secondary account as vanished into thin air, and they won’t get it me back, so gotta wait for the IT in virgin media to sort this mess out as it was the only email address I used 

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi karlb79

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We're sorry to hear your wife's email account has been hacked.

Could you expand please on what steps you've tried so far?

Are you getting any error messages when trying to reset the password?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

I have followed the steps as per the attached screenshots up to step 2, where I try to get a new secure password generated. But it then asks me to input a 3rd party email address to send the link to, as the virgin media email is compromised. I put in the 3rd party non virgin media email and nothing happens.

Please help, my wife desperately needs access to this email account!

1000014786.jpg

1000014787.jpg

1000014788.jpg

Hi karlb79,

Thank you for reaching back out, have you tried changing the password Via the 3rd party email rather than via ours?

Regards

Paul.