cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On trying access Virgin email via Virgin Media comes up forbidden

titch4ma
On our wavelength

I can access my blueyonder.co.uk email on my mobile via Outlook IMAP. I do also access my email via My Virgin Med8ia.. However I have tried over the last couple of days to access my email via the website through My Virgin Media and a page comes up with Forbidden 403.

Can you advise further as to how I can get access back for my emails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @titch4ma, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced on the E-Mail account.

Just to confirm, can you please tell me if there have been any errors with logging into the My Virgin Media account?

Have you attempted accessing both the My Virgin Media and E-Mail accounts on an alternative browser, or with the cache cleared on the browser?

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @titch4ma, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced on the E-Mail account.

Just to confirm, can you please tell me if there have been any errors with logging into the My Virgin Media account?

Have you attempted accessing both the My Virgin Media and E-Mail accounts on an alternative browser, or with the cache cleared on the browser?

Thanks,

David_Bn

titch4ma
On our wavelength

I am able to sign into my Virgin Media. It is when I click in the Virgin Mail link that the 403 Forbidden comes up.

I haven't as yet tried accessing my email another browser but will have a go and I will ensure I clear the cache.

Hi titch4ma,

The 'Forbidden Error' message requires a password change to resolve the issue. However, it can take up to 30 minutes for the password reset to register.

Please try logging into your mail account in 30 minutes.

How've things been since posting? Let us know if you still need any help

Beth

titch4ma
On our wavelength

Still no luck in getting onto my virgin email on my laptop, even after changing my password as suggested.

I can pick up my emails perfectly in my mobile via Outlook. I do try to check my emails on the virgin media website periodically to keep it up to date. It was about a month ago that I last accessed the website.

Any further suggestions in order to be able to access my emails on my laptop.

Regards

Christine

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced Christine, 

Just for further clarification on this, is this the case on all devices and browsers?

Do you experience any problems signing in?

Regards,

Kain

titch4ma
On our wavelength

Hi Kain,

Thank you for your message.

I don't have a problem signing into My Virgin Media at all.

It would seem that I am not the only one experiencing this problem so there must be a reason why we are unable to access our emails on our laptops via the main Virgin email website.

It is good to access my email on my mobile while I am out but when I am sorting out my emails I prefer to look at a larger screen as it is not as much strain on my eyes.

I have been with Virgin Media now for a long time and was with Blueyonder prior to take over by Virgin. Until now my experience has been good.  However now I have to admit that I am getting fed up of there not being a solution to this problem a week on from when I first reported this issue. Basically I am paying for a service that I am not receiving, .which is frustrating. All I want is to access my emails from the Virgin Media email website

I await to hear from you with a solution to this problem.

Regards

Christine Elsey