cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin email folders

Moonbucks
On our wavelength

I have "Archive" folders going back a couple of years.

I can delete messages in these folders but if I try to delete to folders I get "Could not delete folder. This can be due to insufficient permissions in your trash folder or this might be a special folder that cannot be deleted." 

Uh ? What the what ?

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry but cannot reproduce issue; any Archive sub-folder, as highlighted below, can be deleted.
2024-04-27.jpeg

Does issue persist after refreshing page by pressing Ctrl + Shift + R

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Nope.NopeNope

Those are my folders. How did you get access to my email ?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Moonbucks wrote:

Nope.NopeNope

The forum team are best placed to look at this issue further; issue has been flagged to them.

Hey @Moonbucks,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your Email, I would like to look into this further with you, to hopefully allow you to have this issue fixed, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information via private message.

Joe

@Moonbucks wrote:

Those are my folders. How did you get access to my email ?

Don’t worry 用心棒 doesn't have access to your email, everyone with VM has a similar structure to their mailbox, they are simply showing their version of it, which happens to look exactly the same as yours!

Tell, me though are you trying to delete the ‘Archive’ folder itself or the ‘2021’, 2022’ etc subfolders? I believe that the ‘Archive’ folder is indeed a special/protected folder and you can’t delete it - much the same as you couldn’t delete the ‘inbox’ folder if you tried.

trying to delete the empty ones