cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWORLD password

paulo_allen
Tuning in

So I've fallen foul of the recent security changes and accessing my old NTLWorld email.  I had access to it on my phone via generating an app password, however since signing out (via browser) I'm unable to get back in.

Obviously there is the old....forgot password route but that just prompts you to enter the email you use to login to your virgin media account, which then only resets the password for the @virginmedia.com email address and not the NTLworld one.

So at the moment I'm lost in a forever loop of doom trying to find a way in.  Can't seemingly add or switch to my NTLworld account / email once logged into the virgin account and unable to change the password or set a new app password for the NTL account.

Anyone have any guides or ideas on how I get back access into my NTLworld account??

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each VM email address including Ntlworld have a distinct My Virgin Media account. So when you use the forgotten password route you need to use the Ntlworld email address not the virginmedia email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham,

Thanks for the reply, although I've tried logging into my account using the NTLWorld email (as I've done in the past) but my password doesn't work, probably because I had to change it for the security update and I can't remember what it is.

I then try to change the password and I just get prompted with "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media." and it doesn't allow me to reset the ntlworld password, although I can the virginmedia one.

There used to be an option in the account hub to view and change passwords across all my email addresses from one place, sadly this has disappeared, which is probably down to the increased security.

Looks like I will have to ring virgin and get them to reset my password.

recently just lost my old NTLworld account and VM team will only go so far with you, good luck on getting it back.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulo_allen wrote:

Graham,

Thanks for the reply, although I've tried logging into my account using the NTLWorld email (as I've done in the past) but my password doesn't work, probably because I had to change it for the security update and I can't remember what it is.

I then try to change the password and I just get prompted with "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media." and it doesn't allow me to reset the ntlworld password, although I can the virginmedia one.

There used to be an option in the account hub to view and change passwords across all my email addresses from one place, sadly this has disappeared, which is probably down to the increased security.

Looks like I will have to ring virgin and get them to reset my password.

At the point above highlighted in red you enter your ntlworld email address not the virginmedia one.  As I said each email address has a separate My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good luck with resetting.  They did mine after the exactly same issue that you have. Mine still doesnt work. 

paulo_allen
Tuning in

Graham,

Thanks again for replying.....but if both emails are linked to accounts then both require a password, so both should be able to be reset.

Anyway the upshot is, although I've been accessing my account(s) the same way since day dot it seems everything has changed.......and now to get to my ntlworld email I have to log in via an account linked to a gmail address, which I've never used to access anything (although I was asked to provide a backup email at some point).

So to get access I log in via my gmail virginmedia hub account and then get into my email.....so I have access again.....BUT I was told by the virgin tech that NTLWorld accounts are no longer accessible via 3rd party apps, so I have to go in via a browser.

This completely confounds me, especially seeing as the tech said this has been the case for quite some time.  Despite having a previous (recent) email saying I needed to set an app password for this email account to access it.