cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of all historic emails in my "sent" folder

Codfisherperson
On our wavelength

First had this problem in June 2023.Which took 3 weeks to restore"sent" folder. At present, Wed 24th April 2024, my historic emails in my "sent folder" have disappeared. Have spent a long time on to Virgin Media without any result. Would be grateful if anyone can suggest a resolution. My email is blueyonder.co.uk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Codfisherperson 

There does not seem to be a major problem similar to the 2023 VM email meltdown.

However, to be honest, there has always been a steady trickle of people reporting that some of their VM emails have disappeared. That applies to all the VM email domains.

Do you use an email app or client such as Microsoft Outlook or a Mail app to manage your blueyonder emails? If so are the emails missing from your VM webmail account?

VM do not seem to keep routine backups of emails which was probably why it took them so long to recover from their email meltdown in 2023.

Looking at your posting history it seems that you do have a VM broadband account. As a result the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can take a look at this. I suspect they will not be able to recover those missing emails but we can but hope.

One of the team will contact you via this thread either today or tomorrow.

By the way, I have merged your posts into one thread. Making several separate posts on the same subject does not result in you getting a speedier response.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Codfisherperson
On our wavelength

Have lost all my historical emails from my sent folder. Is there again a problem with blue yonder.co.uk

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Codfisherperson 

There does not seem to be a major problem similar to the 2023 VM email meltdown.

However, to be honest, there has always been a steady trickle of people reporting that some of their VM emails have disappeared. That applies to all the VM email domains.

Do you use an email app or client such as Microsoft Outlook or a Mail app to manage your blueyonder emails? If so are the emails missing from your VM webmail account?

VM do not seem to keep routine backups of emails which was probably why it took them so long to recover from their email meltdown in 2023.

Looking at your posting history it seems that you do have a VM broadband account. As a result the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can take a look at this. I suspect they will not be able to recover those missing emails but we can but hope.

One of the team will contact you via this thread either today or tomorrow.

By the way, I have merged your posts into one thread. Making several separate posts on the same subject does not result in you getting a speedier response.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Codfisherperson
On our wavelength

Thanks for your help.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A point to note. With any email system you should not rely on it to keep any emails. Any of my emails that I wish to keep are always downloaded to my machine as PDF files and kept, locally and in the ‘cloud’. This goes for the sent ones as well. Having worked in IT for years you quickly learn ‘if it moves, back it up’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2