cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email Again

BL1
Tuning in

2 weeks ago, I received a message while using my VM email account that my account was unavailable, and I needed to change my Password. When I tried to do this, I had to actually change my Email, but the password remained the same. I found it very difficult to sort this out and a very kind person in O2 shop sorted it after 2 hours of jumping through hoops and got my emails on my phone, using a Gmail account and original password! However, today the same thing has happened and this time I am unable to even log into my emails on any device as it says 'forbidden'.  I have checked the connection on my tablet and mobile both state I am connected to my virgin account but cannot use it. I have reset the hub, and followed the instructions to reconnect my Wi-Fi to find that it is already connected - again still can't use it - 'forbidden'. Is anyone else having this problem, what is the answer, has VM been hacked? 

I have been with VM since the beginning of NTL and my original email is ntlworld.com which has now had to be changed to Gmail. I don't understand technology just use it and rely on it as I have not used any other accounts for my primary email to want to know how I can get my email addresses from VM as without them I cannot do my job.

Any suggestions please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Ilyas

I got it sorted after ringing and speaking to a helpful person on the helpdesk. He talked me through doing the above however it wouldn't accept the 'generated' password, so he sorted it at his end and all is well now. Hope this is an end to it and it doesn't keep happening.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BL1 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Virgin Media email you are experiencing.
We had changed the login email from any Virgin Media email as a security measure so that you sign in via a 3P email.

Please sign in to your My Virgin Media, go to account settings, click generate app password - it will unlock the email within 24 hours.
Let us know how it goes. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ilyas

I got it sorted after ringing and speaking to a helpful person on the helpdesk. He talked me through doing the above however it wouldn't accept the 'generated' password, so he sorted it at his end and all is well now. Hope this is an end to it and it doesn't keep happening.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.