cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to My Virgin Media, web mail, or the smtp server

DoctorBobP
Tuning in

Been having problems getting mail since yesterday. I have managed to get some things going again.

Bottom Line is the IMAP server works.

The outgoing SMTP server works.

The incoming SMTP server gives the encryption connection error.

I use a prog called Mailwasher to download message headers which works fine so I know the password I've got from the new app thing is working, its just the message that won't download.

Web Mail gives the 'wrong user name or password' so I can't log in to do anything.

I have changed the Web Mail password a few times but still get the wrong email or password message.

I have tried to find some way of contacting a 'real person' but where ever it is it seems to be hidden very well indeed.

I think someone at VM HQ needs to reset something at their end.

I have a letter from the hospital that I need to print out. (The IMAP server setting is on my phone not a computer) 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Bob.

11 REPLIES 11

Hey @DoctorBobP,

Thanks for getting back to us, I would like to see what I can do with this, for this I will be sending you a private message to investigate.

Joe

Special-K
Tuning in

Well,strangely enough my email problems appear to have disappeared.

I checked last night (Thurs) and started receiving emails from 10am that morning into my Outlook program.

So the emails that I would have received over the past fortnight when this happened have gone, luckily I saved the ones I want to keep using Virgin's Webmail so I;m having to forward them to my email address, but that does allow Outlook to pick them up.

Hopefully this will stay as it is now.