cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on ITV chanels

Trev04
Joining in

I just purchased a new TCL 50" QLED TV today and upon connecting to my V6 box I find that I have no sound on all ITV channels. If I turn the V6 box off and on the problem persists, however if I turn the TV off and on the sound is restored until I change channels back and forth from one channel to an ITV channel. The same thing occurs with recorded shows; no sound on an ITV program unless I turn the TV on and off. I have changed the hdmi cables and it does not fix the issue and all 4k shows on netflix and YouTube play without issue. Is this a problem with the v6 box or more likely with the new TCL TV?

15 REPLIES 15

Hi, I've tried the advice and unfortunately had no success. I may have a much older V6 box as I do not seem to be able to change the settings as advised.

Hi, virgin engineer checked everything out this morning.  There is no fault with the V6 box. Seems to be a compatibility issue with the TCL

Tried changing the audio settings. With PCM 2.0 I lost sound on all channels

Hi Trev04, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back and update us. 

We're sorry to hear the suggestions given haven't helped and the engineer was unable to resolve things. 

It may be worth referring to the TCL Handbook or see if they have a forum for support to see if there are other people who have had the same issue and managed to find a work around. 

If you find one, pop back and let us know 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, in the end I returned the TCL TV and exchanged for a Samsung around the same price. Shame about the compatibility issue as the TCL had a great picture and dolby atmos (when I had sound on BBC)

Hi Trev04 👋 thanks for returning to the thread with another update.

Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused! 

Let us know if there is anything further we can help with in future. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly