cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘No Signal’/Rewind and Fast Forward quirks on Sky Sports UHD channels

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m on the Ultimate Volt package from VM, which includes TNT Sports (aka BT Sports) in 4K – all has worked well with my LG 2021 TV for the last 4 years or so.

Last week, I added the Sky Sports UHD channels and I now have two issues.

1. Watching SkySports UHD, if I press ‘My Shows’ on the remote, my TV complains that there is No Signal. Check your cables, it says! Adding to the confusion is another message saying ‘Do you want to turn on your set top box?’

I can revert back to the UHD channel if I press ‘TV’ on the remote.

Can anyone explain what’s going on? Is this a quirk of the Sky Sports UHD signal from VM? I have tried 2 alternative HDMI cables.

2. Similarly, the Rewind and Fast Forward options whilst watching any SkySports UHD channel do not seem to work as smoothly as they should. The TV will present frames 30 seconds apart in rewind/FF mode. Admittedly, this varies a fair bit. Sometimes, it jumps frames 90 seconds apart. Sometimes behaves ok. It’s pretty much impossible to work out when to hit play.

It’s never as smooth as I’ve seen previously on the TNT Sports UHD channel.

Again, can anyone let me know what’s up?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved my problem with help from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-watch-4k-ultra-tv

It turns out I was using the wrong HDMI socket on my LG TV. Only the HDMI 4 socket has support for HDCP 2.2.