cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to switch to a channel when a programme starts?

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

I would like to switch my TiVo to TNT Sports Ultimate when the Arsenal v Everton broadcast starts, but not record it as it will take up a lot of hard disc space.  Is this possible?  Can I do it with TV Control app?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

hi arrgee1991 

I've moved your post from the tivo forum to the V6 forum as according to <this post> you have a V6 box.(also the tivo doesn't have UHD capabilities)

You can use the TV Control app to switch channels, however your phone or tablet needs to be connected to the same home network as your V6 box, otherwise if you’re out and about, you’ll see the remote icon has an exclamation mark or an orange ‘x’ over it so you can't change channels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, is the short version. You can set a reminder, but this comes with a recording for free. Two reasons:

1: In order for the reminder to work, the V6 needs to guarantee a recording tuner being free - otherwise if all 6 tuners were in use, it would fail. So a recording is set.

2: ...and therefore, if you don't notice the reminder or otherwise ignore it, you get the recording anyway.

All that TV Control does is allow you to set & manage recordings when away from your STB.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks