cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REconditioned box?

Confused17
Tuning in

i had my faulty v6 replaced 6 weeks ago after green screen problem . Since getting it the remote control reaction has been sluggish and then on Thursday box failed with green screen again. Do virgin replace with reconditioned equipment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Confused17,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your recent replacement TV box. If the green screen has been present for a few hours and isn't changing then I'm afraid you'll likely need a further replacement.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Confused17 

I doubt that VM have any supplies of new V6 boxes since they stopped selling the V6 product around 2 years ago when the TV360 boxes were introduced.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Replacement boxes are quite often reconditioned and not just by VM as BT does the same as well. The hard drive should be tested and is not typically replaced. So long as the work has been done properly there should be no problem. In your case you're a bit unlucky that the hard drive failed.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Confused17,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your recent replacement TV box. If the green screen has been present for a few hours and isn't changing then I'm afraid you'll likely need a further replacement.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Confused17,

Zach is currently out of office so I've assigned this to myself to gain an update.

I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

Regards,

Kain