cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Software update

Panda99
On our wavelength

I received a message to say my equipment was old and my software could be updated. As I had a few problems with ny equipment over the last few months I rang Virgin and asked if I should  have a replacement box, they were talking of charging/different package. I just wanted it to work properley it was dated 2018. I said I just wanted a replacement no change to package. She said she would call me back, that was on Friday it's now Wednesday. So what now? 

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Sounds like a sales call to get you to upgrade to 360.

If you do have a few problems with your equipment you can either post the problems here and you might get some answers or call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

They will still need to know what the problems are.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm minded to agree - by mean of explanation, TV360 is the newest VM software for TV boxes but is different to TiVo/V6 in the same way as Apple is different to Android. Converting to it is completely voluntary and no-one should tell you that it's required to resolve any issues.

What are the issues you're having? Perhaps someone can help if you explain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Panda99

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you were not able to get the software update as the message stated, can I ask what exactly the message said? 

What issues are you noticing with your equipment. 

Thank you

Good afternoon Ashleigh

If you read my post, it was being told by Virgin that my equipment was out of date. This spurred me to ring Virgin and put a post on here. I was questioning my existing equipment and intermittent loss of signal. So far Virgin have not rung me back. I couldn't understand why I should incur any charges for simply swapping the box over. I am  undecided about the software update at the moment 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Panda99 wrote:

Good afternoon Ashleigh

If you read my post, it was being told by Virgin that my equipment was out of date. This spurred me to ring Virgin and put a post on here. I was questioning my existing equipment and intermittent loss of signal. So far Virgin have not rung me back. I couldn't understand why I should incur any charges for simply swapping the box over. I am  undecided about the software update at the moment 

Do you have one of these?
Older TiVOOlder TiVO

These are the only boxes that Virgin are phasing out. You should still be able to get a V6 box & stay on the TiVO firmware if it is. The trouble is most CS staff will try to upsell to V360 & move you to Horizon.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply on the forums @Panda99.

Are you able to show the message where Virgin Media have advised that the equipment is out of date?
Please try to avoid any personal information.

Swapping the boxes may be seen as an equipment upgrade if there is nothing wrong with the box.
You have mentioned signal issues - are you able to expand on when this happens and when?
Are there any patterns to this?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs