cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box keeps crashing with error code CS2002 (Fault reported - F010987379)

davebriggs63
Tuning in

My virgin TV box keeps randomly crashing. Screen goes black for around 10 seconds, then error message CS2002 then box shuts down for 30-60 seconds before restarting..... very annoying and seems to happen 7 or 8 times a day. 

Anybody else having this issue? I'm thinking the box is faulty after an update?

[MOD EDIT: added fault ticket ref]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lisa_CC

Hi and thanks for making us aware of this issue. It has been reported and a fault ticket has been raised under F010987379. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience whilst we work on the fix.

edit - Please see sticky here for updates

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

JB007665
Joining in

Yes, I have exactly the same issue and it’s very annoying. Seems to happen most on the Sky Sports HD channels for me, Sky Sports News being the worst offender. I’ve looked on this forum and other people are also reporting the error and box reboot so guessing it’s a wider VM issue.

Lisa_CC

Hi and thanks for making us aware of this issue. It has been reported and a fault ticket has been raised under F010987379. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience whilst we work on the fix.

edit - Please see sticky here for updates

efpk1959
On our wavelength

I have had this problem for most of the week on just one of my two boxes.  When it has been at its worst it will reboot every 5 to 10 minutes.  Everytime shows error code CS2002.  I have rang Virginmedia and gone through the automated tests that takes me to the error codes page to find a solution, but that error code doesn’t exist.  Has there been a recent firmware update?  Or is the box faulty?

Hey @efpk1959,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, I can assure you we are aware of this issue and are planning to roll out a fix for this within the next week, if you please bear with us whilst we process this.

Joe

baldyslaphead59
On our wavelength

I'm still getting this too. Channel failed, please check your cables, reboot and try again. I have turned off the box, removed and re-seated all the cables, all to no avail. I also cannot rewind programmes I have been watching for a period of time. I can pause them, and fast forward, but not rewind. Also seem to be getting loads of failed recordings too.

I have reset my box (kept all my recordings) but this had no effect either.

Hey there, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

Thank you for letting me know you've tried all these steps, I am going to send you a PM now. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Glad to hear this is now looking okay for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

baldyslaphead59
On our wavelength

I'm still having this issue as of today.

Very annoying.

Hi baldyslaphead59, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear this issue has returned. I can see on the previous engineer visit, the team replaced the box. As this is happening again, it would suggest an issue with the cabling. Can you check there are no kinks or twists from where it comes out of the wall box and into the 360 box?

Double check that everything is tight and secure too in case anything has come loose. 

Let us know how that goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs