cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box keeps crashing error code CS2002 (Fault reported - F010987379)

davebriggs63
Tuning in

My virgin TV box keeps randomly crashing. Screen goes black for around 10 seconds, then error message CS2002 then box shuts down for 30-60 seconds before restarting..... very annoying and seems to happen 7 or 8 times a day. 

Anybody else having this issue? I'm thinking the box is faulty after an update?

[MOD EDIT: added fault ticket ref]

9 REPLIES 9

davebriggs63
Tuning in

Yes, seems like a bigger issue but VM seem to just want to ignore it. It very annoying especially when it happens 7 or 8 times a day and not quick to get working again.

davebriggs63
Tuning in

Is this the accepted answer? Not by me....

Any idea on timescales? In the meantime we just have to take the random crashes that take 5 minutes to reboot 7 or 8 times a day

Hey @davebriggs63,

We do not presently have a timescale for when this will be fixed but we are actively investigating this and will provide any updates as soon as we have them.

Joe

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davebriggs63 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

There aren't any issues on the line as things stand but we are struggling to run tests as the box is showing offline at the moment, are you able to turn this on now and we can re-run the tests for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

The box is on and has been all day.

This crashing is happening more frequently and is becoming very frustrating.

Hi @davebriggs63 

Code CS2200 means the TV box is having an issue playing a recording.

Turn the TV box off at the wall, check all the cables are firmly plugged in to the TV box, and then turn it back on.

If there's still a problem playing the recording after that, let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi the code is cs2002 not the code you have mentioned above.

This happens on any channel 5 or channel related to 5 such as 5star etc. Very annoying and prevents these channels being watched.

All the cables are in correctly any the box resets itself after the code cs2002.

I believe either a fault on the line or a faulty box. Either way this has been going on for too long and needs fixing.

davebriggs63
Tuning in

Exactly the same for me. I believe I have a faulty box. 

Not getting anywhere with virgin, can't watch channel 5 or any related channel as it keeps crashing.

Super annoying 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, davebriggs63.
Thank you for taking the time for all the above posts and replies on our help forums and this thread, although we're sorry to hear the TV issue is ongoing.

We'd love to best help out, upon our latest checks there doesn't seem to be a TV related outage currently that's impacting your service as mentioned above.

Could you please confirm if you've checked your connections are firm as advised by Ayisha_B above previously and if you've rebooted your TV box and/or the hub since?
How does the service look after you last post above back on Sunday?

We'll be eager to assist further where needed, please let us know more.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs