cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and Facetime Activation

FerryArab
Joining in

On an iphone 11 - same phone i've had for a long time. Haven't ported - been with Virgin for a while. I changed my tariff recently and i am now getting activation error messages for imessage and facetime. I've checked my tariff detail and i have unlimited texts so i don't see why there should be this issue. I've tried re-booting the phone. No joy. 

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that. 

Could you please check the number is correct for your imessage?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My number hasn't changed? 

Thanks for confirming 😊 Just to check, have you been able to try manually switching the iMessage and Facetime service on?

Also, I'd recommend seeing if doing a network reset on the handset helps. You can do this by going to Settings- General- Transfer or Reset iPhone- Reset- Reset Network Settings.

Let us know how you get on with this, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Didn't work

Thanks for trying, if this still isn't working I'd recommend ensuring your handset is backed up, then do a complete full factory reset of the phone as this should then help.

If this doesn't work, please let us know so we can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules