cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card for travelling (Cruise)

Conbrue
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have the volt package with Virgin and O2, we get 1 sim but I want another for when I am on holiday, I want it pay as you go and as much roaming as possible please, we are cruising so I want to be able to cap the costs so I don’t get any surprise bills connecting to maritime networks or countries not in the EU when close to their borders etc. is this possible please?

tia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Conbrue thanks for posting.

I cannot add anything to the advice already given, by my colleague and the fantastic japitts.  If and when possible to connect to WiFi on the cruises, it may even be beneficial to have 3rd party apps, etc. As you've mentioned you're on a Volt SIM/deal, then I would recommend viewing here, just in case you do end up taking that SIM with you. I hope you have a lovely time.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Conbrue, thank you for reaching out and unfortunately we do not offer pay as go you  sim cards anymore.

I would recommend checking out what O2 have to offer as they offer EU roaming for free. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Using a mobile within EU-based networks is generally quite cost-effective. Maritime & ship-based networks are usually anything but - the cruise operator will sometimes have onboard WiFi but there's otherwise no competition for onboard comms...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Conbrue thanks for posting.

I cannot add anything to the advice already given, by my colleague and the fantastic japitts.  If and when possible to connect to WiFi on the cruises, it may even be beneficial to have 3rd party apps, etc. As you've mentioned you're on a Volt SIM/deal, then I would recommend viewing here, just in case you do end up taking that SIM with you. I hope you have a lovely time.

Regards

Lee_R