cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off handset loan

Whytie69
Tuning in

Hi, 

I am wanting to pay off a handset loan but have been unable to contact virgin regarding this. Every enquiry routes me to O2 who are unable to help. I've been able to access the relevant documents to see how much I owe but am unable to progress any further. Any advice greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Whytie69 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to pay off a handset loan. We want to best help. Just to confirm, is your handset loan currently with Virgin Media or O2? Do you have any correspondence regarding moving to O2? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/your-move-to-o2 Please get back to us when you can so we can best assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning, 

My loan is with Virgin not O2. I received correspondence last year when the switches were implemented, however this does not inform on how to settle a freestyle contract early. I note from similar posts that others have also sought support in this matter. 

Thank you for confirming this. Typically you should be able to access information on your loan agreement here https://virginmedia.icehosted.com/VirginMedia/WebPortal/SelfService To log in you will need: 
•  Credit agreement number

•  Security key

•  The last 4 digits of your bank account number

This information would have been sent as one of two emails when the agreement was first taken out. These will have come from YourAccount@virginmedia.co.uk with the subject lines: 'IMPORTANT – Your new credit agreement from Virgin Media' and 'IMPORTANT – Your password from Virgin Media'.

Please let me know if you can access the portal or if you need any further help with this and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thanks for your response. I can access the portal, however there is no information on how to settle the contract early. 

In addition if I click on the links at the side of the agreement they all state there is 'no healthy upstream available'. 

Thank you for letting us know. In this case, to settle the agreement early, please call the team on 0344 809 0202 (or 202 from your O2 mobile) who can best advise. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you - those numbers are for O2, they cannot help me with my query. Do you or anyone else have alternative suggestions to resolve this matter? 

I can confirm that our O2 team are equipped to handle settling the agreement made. As we are a now joint company, all of our mobile side is managed by them. They have the ability to support you in clearing the agreement. Please get in contact with them and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you - is there by any chance a Live chat option as that would be much easier for me to manage, or is it only via phone to speak with O2?