cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIFI no longer working

had139
Joining in

I was sent a MIFI device when I setup my account with Virgin. I haven’t used it for a couple of months but unfortunately my virgin broadband is down today and so I needed to use it again. Now it’s got internet connectivity. I phoned virgin who say it’s been migrated to O2, I get transferred to O2 and they have no record of it 🙄 Anyone know how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @had139 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

What did O2 advise beyond informing you they have no record of the MiFi device? 

Also, what's happening exactly when you try to use it? Is the network not showing at all on any of your devices?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hello,

O2 apologised but couldn’t do anything more.

I can see the wifi on my devices but it shows as “No internet connection”.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the reply @had139 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

Unfortunately the MiFI will not work as the SIM would have been deactivated upon install of your Virgin Media services.
You can put an external SIM card inside which has data and use that to get connection and it will work.

This is not something we will cover or credit for as its main use is no longer required.
Have you checked here for any service issues with Virgin Media broadband?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs