cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to come back

chrispy1
Dialled in

I was with Virgin Mobile for over 10 years and can’t remember ever getting a scam call. 
In June I got moved to O2. Since then I’ve got at least one a week sometimes 2 or 3 a day. 

what is up that company is their security so bad?

I want to come back. 

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You can report scam calls received on your mobile phone to your provider by texting the word ‘call’ followed by the phone number to 7726 on an iPhone. If you have an Android, text the word ‘call’ to 7726. You’ll then receive a message asking you for the scam number.

Scam text messages can be reported by forwarding them to 7726.

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I know how to repot them. It that it seems to be a problem with their security when they know your name.

Hello chrispy1.

Sorry to hear about your spam calls.

Have you used your mobile number on any websites recently?

Possibly price comparison websites?

As well as using the short number above, you can also

You can also register your number on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS). This is a free service and should reduce calls from companies, unless you have requested them to call or text you. This is the only service of this type. Register your mobile number for free by texting TPS and your email address to 85095.

I myself am with O2 for mobile and had an influx of unwanted calls when I looked at changing my car insurance.

Gareth_L

chrispy1
Dialled in

Don't use mobile for website.
Am registered with TPS for many years.
All the calls have said their from O2 regarding a refund. I have contacted O2 and know nothing about it.
All since being move to O2.

Thanks for confirming that chrispy1.

There is little more we can do from here as we only deal with Virgin Media and Mobile accounts.

It would also be great to ask the question on the O2 Community Forum 

Gareth_L