cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn roaming on in account

gideonr
Joining in

I'm in France and roaming isn't working. Roaming seems to be turned off in my account but it says there's an error if I try to turn it on. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello gideonr

Sorry to hear of the issues whilst roaming with your mobile services, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you confirm if roaming was active prior to leaving the UK? Have you used the services abroad previously or is the first time trying?

There are a couple of steps you can try, you can try manually searching for a network in the area you are in. This would depend on the handset you have but is usually found under connections - network settings.

Is there anyone else there on Virgin Mobile either able to connect to a netowkr or unable to like yourself?

Rob

Thanks for responding.I have tried all the available networks manually but it won't connect to any of them. I have two SIMs on this account, mY son's is roaming but mine isn't, and I can see that roaming is disabled in my online account but I can't turn it on.

Forgot to say, this could the first time attempting roaming for this SIM, but I'm not certain.

Thanks for letting me know gideonr, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob