I recently switched my mobile from EE to Virgin with the PAC code provided. I received my text from Virgin stating the port had been sucessful last night around 6pm and my old sim card stopped working yesterday as well. The device I have is a Samsung A33.
Since the switch, I've been unable to receive text messages, other than those from Virgin and my partner, who is also on Virgin network, I've confirmed this by asking colleagues and family I know aren't on Virgin to try texting and calling me, none of which I've received. I am able to make outgoing calls and texts and mobile data is working as expected. When calling Virgin support I was asked to give it 24 hours from the time of the text for the port to complete sucesfully, which is reasonable enough and that timeframe has since passed.
My mobile number is used for 2FA, both personally and for work, so this issue is interfering with my ability to do my job, as well as locking me out of some personal accounts. Unfortunately if I'm unable to resolve this I will need to cancel the airtime contract I currently have in place with Virgin.
I've been looking online and in the forums and have already tried the folllowing to resolve the issue:
- Factory resetting the new phone
- Placing my new sim card into an old device, to rule out a device issue
- Manually searching for a network operator rather than automatically, and selecting Virgin, I have also selected my old provider and then switched back.
- Reset the network settings on the mobile
- Placing the phone into airplane mode and then restarting it
- Verifying the correct number was selected under 'Chat Features' within the messaging app
- Turning 'Chat Features' off completely
My phone number is listed as 'unknown' within 'about'. There is no way to manually change this.