cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing TiVo Remote

cool2005
Tuning in

Hi I just got a new controller for the tivo box but I'm having trouble pairing the new remote I've pressed the down button on the tivo box for 10 seconds and then pressed info on the remote for 7 seconds and it flashed green twice then pressed the up button on the tivo box and it's not paired 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cool2005 

You need to press the minus button, not the down button

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/using-your-remote 

How to pair TV V6 & Virgin TiVo box remote to the box
  1. Hold the minus button on the front of your V6 box down for 10 seconds.
  2. The white power light on the box will go off as you’re holding the button, once the power light comes back on the box is ready for paring.
  3. Now hold the Info button on the remote down for 7 seconds. The light on the remote should flash green twice.
  4. Confirm the paring by holding the plus button on the front of the V6 box down until the remote starts beeping. The remote and V6 box should now be paired.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cool2005
Tuning in

Which one is the minus button on the TiVo I got power home tv back left up down right ok rec?

thank you

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @cool2005 

Sorry, I've just googled images for the old TiVo remote and I can't see the minus button either,

You should  be able to pair it again by following the instructions <<< here >>> 

There's also a clickable button on the last page If you follow the instructions which has a link to sign into My Virgin Media where you can request a replacment remote, and also a link to download the TV Control app which you can use as a temporary remote. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

did you get it sorted. i have same issue.everything tells you to hold minus but i dont have one on box

Hey sueeralist, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague about this already, please do reach out to them if you need some more assistance. ^MM

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The link you've provided a link to how to pair your remote to your TV - NOT to pair the remote to a tivo box.

Can someone please provide some working instructions for pairing a new Tivo remote to the old Tivo box as the virginemedia instructions only provide details for the V6.

Thanks  

Matt, can you please provide some working instructions for pairing a new Tivo remote to the old Tivo box as the virginemedia instructions only provide details for the V6.

Hi IanVF,

Thanks for posing, and sorry you're having some issue pairing your remote, can you confirm if you've tried the below-

Press and hold the BACK button - the third button down on the left of the of the TiVo button - and the TiVo button simultaneously for about 3 seconds. 2. After about one second, the amber activity light on the remote flashes five times.

Alex_Rm