cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote stopped scrolling in recordings

Echo005
Tuning in

I've only had the remote a couple of months and altho I can scroll down in the guide it has stopped for my recordings.I shouldn't be having this problem and I'm not amused.My last remote for my tivo I had for years and never had one single problem.I only watch the telly in an evening between 8 &10 so it's definitely not the batteries. I'm quite pi**ed off to tell you the truth and not in a position to ring them tomorrow. Can I have a solution that is going to be quick.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

First thing to try is powering the box off and on again.

If that doesn't work then try factory resetting and repairing the remote,

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

If that doesn't work you might need to do a factory reset of the 360, sounds drastic for this sort of problem but has worked for me in the past for similar problems.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm now on TV360 version 5.10 and have the smaller remote which takes 2 batteries.

If I press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds it factory resets the 360 remote and then pairs it again automatically.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

I'm now on TV360 version 5.10 and have the smaller remote which takes 2 batteries.

If I press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds it factory resets the 360 remote and then pairs it again automatically.

Hi Dave,

Looks like that works with the 4 battery version as well.

Cheers. It's a faff for summat that shouldn't happen and it never ever happened to me when I had sky downstairs for years. Never had a problem with a virgin remote until yesterday. I've put telly on just now and it's working so WHAT causes the problem???? I've seen many posts with this problem when googling but nobody says why this happens

Hi there @Echo005 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you to our community teams for their help and advise here. 

Can I just clarify, has the issue with your remote now resolved?