cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

Same thing happened to me yesterday - had to remove the device I was using and then add the device I was using back.  Crazy stuff.

HI knookie, thanks for the message and glad to hear that you got things resolved. Please let us now if anything changes? ^CW

AsimRashid
Joining in

I have the same issue but have signed up with my personal email address.  Can someone help to reset my device limit as I haven't been able to watch TV on PC for a month and this month it took up my device changes immediately without applying the changes so i think it's quite buggy unfortunately.  Using Edge and a windows 10 pc.

Hi AsimRashid,

Welcome to the Community Forums 😊

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I'll be happy to help reset your registered devices for you. 

I've dropped you over a PM

Beth

Hi I am experiencing these same difficulties with my lap top, this began when the tv go app was updated(aprox 3 weeks) im using a windows 7 lap top using chrome as my browser and have been using the online version as the app is too laggy with the update , i have been asked to replace device EVERY time i have opened the app, browser chrome, edge, mozilla and also app on phone and now find myself locked out and unable to watch anything , i`m mid 50`s and the only cache i know is the one you spend ,My wife is disabled so she watches the tivo box and i use lap top to watch tv , now after the update im able to watch nothing £153.00 a month and it`s having a detrimental effect on my homelife , can someone help i want to watch tonight`s football   

Dear Keefburtains,

I have found that by going directly to the Sky website (rather than through the TV Go App) it allows you to log in with your virgin media user name and password and at least watch sky football etc.

It may not work for you but worth a try.

Why don't they just fix it and save all the complaints from customers?

Kind Regards  

DeeJayDready
Tuning in

I reply to this yesterday to have my device list reset following this problem but it seems that post has been deleted? What's going on?

nanna1234
Joining in

Hi it started just after BTW sport went to TNT Sport

Hi sorry meant BT Sport whdnt to TNT sport

Hi nanna1234, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with TNT Sports. Can you expand further on the issues you have been having so we can offer some help & support?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs