cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

jbnt01903
Joining in

Hi, I have been using the TV GO  App on my laptop under Windows 10 (though reading this thread I see it's recommended to use a browser rather than the app). I have had intermittent issues with being asked to re-register the same device (i.e. the laptop) but of late this has happened every time and I now get the message telling me I'm unable to register 'another' device until 1/1/24. Are you able to clear my list so I can try again on my (Chrome) browser? Many thanks, John.

Hi jbnt01903,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry there's an issue with your TVGO devices, for future reference it may help to keep the browser cookies on your laptop/PC or MacBook to avoid registering it as a new device.

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

socro
Joining in

How is this still an issue 😞 Started Watching.. hit back and now Ive had to register for the 2nd time tonight and now I've hit my limit, any chance of a reset?

Hi Socro 👋 Welcome to the community! Thanks for joining this thread and posting. 

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with your TV go registrations. There's more information about this here How to use Virgin TV Go app | Virgin Media Help . You can register up to 5 devices and make 3 changes each month. 

We can also help manually reset the devices for you. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Msmiffy
Joining in

Same issue for me today. Using Windows 11 laptop and the TV Go App. Watched a program (having to fist register the device) then couple of house later, using the same app and having not closed it, I was asked to register it again.. How is this possible? This issue has been going on for over a year without any sustainable solution being implemented.

Hi @Msmiffy 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with TV go. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Can you let us know if the issue persists after re-installing the app? Also, do you get the same issue in the web version? https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs