cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic slow upload speeds

Swaino
Joining in

I recently renewed my broadband contract and upgraded from the M350 to the M500, since then of an evening my upload speed goes very low, impacting my gaming.

What will happen is i'll start to lag on my Xbox (wired) and on particular games it will complain about my connection and will often kick me, I can then confirm on my wired PC that my upload speed is very low.

Capture.PNG

I never encountered this issue on the M350. 

On the status checker I see "We can’t see any issues affecting". I was advised I didn't need a new Hub, my hardware hasn't changed since I was given the Hub 3 many years ago, I have a 3dB Attenuator on the back of my Hub which has also been there since I received the Hub 3.

Can someone from VM please check my levels,

17 REPLIES 17

Hi there @Swaino 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's always great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you so much to our community team for their help so far. 

I have checked and can confirm there is an outage currently with an estimated fix time of September 7th at 12pm. We are so sorry for the inconvenience, but please do pop back to us after this date and we will do all we can to help should the instability continue. 

Is the works complete? The issue is happening again.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Swaino 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your service. I've taken a look on our side, and there are no issues identified in your local area at this time. I've also run an instant test on your service, and the speeds are within the standard speed ranges we would see.

For clarity, are the issues still happening at specific times throughout the evening? Is it on multiple devices, or just some?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Swaino
Joining in

This issue has come back the last few nights, last night it looks like my service was out for multiple hours.

Saturday 841d099c9b55268a4ce6970a0f48176c8222cfc3-01-10-2023.png

Lastnight 841d099c9b55268a4ce6970a0f48176c8222cfc3-05-10-2023.png

I'll repeat this issue has only started happening since I upgraded and renewed my contract, in the 2 and a half years on M350 I never had downtime like this.

Can someone on VM let me know if this was an area wide issue during the reported dates/times or if its an issue just for myself.

And again right now, complete loss of service what the hell is going on 🥲

21AF13C9-AE4F-4E95-9BA5-071FBBFD4D88.png

Hi @Swaino 

Sorry to hear that you started having some further issues again. 

I have checked the systems at our side and can see that there were some signalling issues in the area that have since been resolved on the 8th October with everything looking good since then. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks, do you know if the signaling issues were the cause of my downtime on the days I reported above? Wednesday 4th October and Saturday 30th September 

Thanks for coming back to us Swaino, we cannot say for sure but its likely that the area fault was the cause of the issues that you had on the two dates above.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L