cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband contract offered and accepted.

MrBlonde2
Joining in

My contract ended on the 26.01.2024 and just before the recent price increase in April I received an offer by text message to upgrade from M500 to GIG 1 at £60 per month (for 18 months) instead of continuing with M500 at £68.54 per month.

I did this and immediately received an email containing a PDF confirming the new contract details.

It took about two weeks to receive the new router and which has now been set up and I'm now receiving Gig 1 speeds.

However, my contract has not updated online (the speed has) but I'm still being charged £68.64 per month instead of £60 per month, as the new contract details have not updated.

4 REPLIES 4

MrBlonde2
Joining in

I was under the impression that if I posted here, I'd get help, is that not the case?

It can take 2-3 days for VM forum staff to respond. If you have a great deal of time, an iron bladder, and the patience of a saint, you could call the offshore customer services on 0345 454 1111 / 150.

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

I'm in Cardiff too randomly.  Guess I'll just wait then

Hi @MrBlonde2 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of this dispute.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill