cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation query

mikayla_binary
Joining in

So I upgraded to 1gig home Internet last December and for various reasons I'm considering changing to a virgin business contract as I'm working from home and having stability and speed issues. That and my personal PC doesn't seem to like the Hub 5 even over ethernet but that's not relevant.  I was wondering if I'll be charged for the remaining 12 months of my contract for home broadband even though I'm staying with Virgin, just moving sections.  Thanks for any advice any one can give.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Almost certainly but you could call VMB and see what they say re reimbursement of early disconnection fees (they are different companies). Don't take the word of anyone as gospel though and record all calls (they sure will). 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Note that VMB uses the exact same cables, cabinets and CMTS as your residential connection. You'd get a router, but that's not going to help underlying problems.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mikayla_binary

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Virgin Media Business will have their own process for a transfer from residential. I'd be happy to try and get the answer for you regarding the disconnection fees. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some service issues currently :(.

I'd be happy to take a look at this for you also. 

I'll send you a private message now, please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide