cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion Issues? Area 14 WF4

Adam1986
Dialled in

Good Morning,

Wondering if there are some congestion issues in Area 14 WF4 this past week or so?

I've generally had a decent performing service until last Sunday when the latency on my connection suddenly jumped up and stays like this for most of the day, with the odd respite back to normal levels here and there during the day.

Whilst the latency spikes, download/upload speeds are affected.

This is an average day prior to last Sunday when I've had no issues:

normal.png

And this is an average day since the increase in latency last weekend:

latency.png

This is the status information from the router:

https://pastebin.com/pNyMv6uT

Hopefully someone can assist with this.

15 REPLIES 15

IPFreely
Fibre optic

The upstream power is fine for RFoG. 

Hey @Adam1986,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Having a look into our systems and the checks we can run whilst your Hub is in Modem mode, we do not see any issues that would be causing a problem, with this when in Modem mode we are limited on the tests we can run, but from what we can see there is nothing on our side which would be causing any issues.

Joe

Gerrond
Tuning in

No help from me I am afraid but I am having the same problems (only signed up 30 days ago so little experience) so can I ask what Area 14 WF4 means? My bill says Area Reference:14.

Like you i am not using much bandwidth.

As an aside I'd like to say that the system software is truly awful. Maybe another post "what's wrong with the VM user interface".

Yesterday I started BQM so maybe I'll know more later.

Hi @Joseph_B, the latency on my connection actually settled at around tea time on the 10th April, and has been OK since, I'm pretty confident as you say that there were no issues with anything internally at my end, my service has been rock solid for almost 4 years with no changes.

Are my power levels OK for an RFoG deployment though?

Thanks

@Gerrond, the Virgin network is split into different areas are identified by a number.  My area is 14 just like you appear to be, but the areas can cover a very large patch, so I put the start of my postcode in as well to help narrow down any potential local issue. 

Our old house was in South Yorkshire and that was area 14 as well, if that gives any context of size allocation.

Hi @Adam1986, thank you for your response.

Everything looks okay from our side. How have things been since your latest post?

If you'd like us to run more tests, please put your Hub in Router mode and let us know once done.

Regards,
Daniel