cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Safe not working (again)

stevejm22
Tuning in

I am having the same issue I have had before, and I see quite a lot of people have had recently.  Web Safe has stopped working, i.e. I can access supposedly blocked websites from my PC and other devices in my home. This usually works fine, blocking the websites, but sometimes stops.  Last time I had to live chat cutomer support to sort this out.  I don't know if they really sorted it, but it started working again. 

Please can someone DM me to sort this out?  I need the websites blocked as I have kids in the home.  I have already tried all the usual stuff like rebooting the hub, checking the Web Safe settings, etc.  

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stevejm22 👋🏼.

Thank you for reaching out to us on here ☺. Welcoming you back onto our community forum.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your Web Safe ☹.

I can see our team member is looking into this, please reply back to them by private message and advise to continue conversation on there to stop any confusion. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jen271
Joining in

I have the same issue after it only recently being fixed can someone help?

pbejon
Joining in

Likewise, same issue.

It is a safeguarding issue but does not seem to have high enough priority with Virgin Media and should have a public answer on what it being done, not just private messages.

Hi @pbejon 

Welcome to the community forums
I can see you have posted elsewhere about your concerns on websafe and an agent is support you further on this. If you have any further issues or questions, please respond to their post for assistance. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

pbejon
Joining in

It has started working again.  It would be good to have an explanation on why this happens from time to time and what can be done to stop it happening.

Hi pbejon, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming things are working for you now. We're happy to hear that. 

Hopefully you won't have any further issues but if you do, you know where we are. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs