cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam text or Virgin error

Rogue99
Joining in

Just received following text message on phone (see below). I did not click the link. Instead I went online and checked my account and all info and payments were upto date. I used the Virgin online chat to double check - no problems. So is anyone else getting this problem - is it scammers ? I think the link is suspious as it has two hyphens in it (“-“) which I don’t think Virgin use.

3487080A-69E8-4D20-A666-EA74B83E547C.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Looks like a scam to me. Flagged on 'Virus Total' as a phishing site by 'Trustwave'

Yeah it's a neat ripoff of the real page complete with working Captcha. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Definitely a scam text.

Any legitimate website would be something.virginmedia.com

e.g.

• my.virginmedia.com
  • community.virginmedia.com
  • mobile.virginmedia.com

Scammers register a domain to look similar.

This link goes to the whois lookup for the domain

https://uk.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?domain=update-myvirgin-media.com

The domain was registered on the 1st May this year.

I've seen similar tactics used with banks as well

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forward message to 7726, read more here Avoid and report internet scams and phishing: Report internet scams and phishing - GOV.UK

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks