cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My elderly father has been hacked and they have changed his password!

kuvi_peter
Joining in

Hi, guys, can you please help us? A scammer has hacked into my father's email and reset his password... How can this be resolved, please?

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @kuvi_peter 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that your Father has faced this issue with his email! Can I confirm, is this email attached to a current and active broadband account, and if so is this account in yours or your Father's name? 

This email is not; his is associated with his broadband account, that email is the one that has been compromised. 

Where are we with this, please? Do you want to PM me, verify me Yoti perhaps? Then verify them by calling the landline number you manage or sending them a letter with a code? What do you do in this situation or do we use another email service provider and now forget this one?

Hey @kuvi_peter,

As the email has been hacked you can learn what to do via our website here, this gives steps on best course of action to take to restore this and prevent it happening again.

Joe

This wasn’t an easy process of a lovely man with dementia. Not an enjoyable experience at all. 

Thanks for getting back to us @kuvi_peter 

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the experience.  Did you manage to update the password?  If not, as you've mentioned your father has dementia, do you have Power of Attorney on behalf of your father?

Regards

Lee_R