cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Virgin/Sales and install

Ishaq10
Joining in

I am having an issue with Virgin and has been a nightmare going back and forth with Virgin and Sky who is my current provider. Sales team at Virgin said everything is easy, but now it looks like it is not easy and Virgin have missed two sets of dates for take over with Sky without any notification to myself as I want to keep my number.

My first order, I was waiting with excitement, but on the day of the faceplate installation I called and was told by Virgin that my order was cancelled. Anyway the person seemed to be on the sales team so was happy to do a new contract and pushed a new order through and said an engineer will come to install the faceplate and that Sky will be notified as they will acquire the phone number. I called sky after a week an was told nothing was requested and that if I want to leave there will be charges.

Anyhow today I had a 3rd party engineer who installed the faceplate as we are repurposing the Sat cables for Virgin use, however his ladder was not long enough to get to the cabinet so left. Tried to call Virgin to rebook but they dont understand a thing and keep disconnecting.

Looks like, I will have to stay with Sky - Virgin please can you sort this out as it is embarrsing and I have waster a month. Thank you

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

16 REPLIES 16

Ishaq10
Joining in

image.jpg

This is the only thing they put inside my property, but it’s not live, they need to make it live from some Grey box on the wall outside, and need a ladder.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Ishaq10   Please tell us that you have delayed the Sky cancellation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No, I haven’t as I don’t know where I stand, nor have I heard from VM :(.

if I call Sky it will be another 14 days notice period, but either way I will need to do this tomorrow as my service will be cancelled on 30/04. Sky did say that normally the company taking over the line usually contacts them with take over date and also liaises with them if there are any delays, however on this occasion VM have not even requested the port takeover so Sky only going by what I am telling them.

VM customer service is quite bad as they don’t really know what they are talking about. Some say I need to speak to pre install team while the pre install team say I need to speak to customer care team, so going back and forth.

We truly apologise for this ongoing installation issue @Ishaq10 We can understand the frustration caused. To best look into this I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Woke up this morning to find I have no phone or internet, called Sky and they said it’s game over!!! VM have really f@@ked me over!

this is really bad and now I will take further action.

Sorry to hear this occurred @Ishaq10 We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused. Please remain in contact with us via DMs and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs