cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM wall socket

v91shaw
Joining in

image.jpg

My QuickStart kit came today. Went to connect but no VM wall socket. I’ve got BT boxes and that’s it. Two cable outside go up to a sky dish. Only other things I’ve found are these two cables. (See pictured).

Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Those appear to be a pair of cables for a satellite connection.

Sometimes there is no VM wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734, explain the problem and request a technician installation.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @v91shaw thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you and aim to get a technician to you if needed.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W