cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cs9994 won't go away

Intheshortwave
Joining in

We're currently in the middle of a multi day internet outage. The TV is working fine, apart from error cs9994 which keeps popping up.

Even though the TV is working fine it's completely unusable because the cs9994 error keeps popping up telling me I've got no network connection. This seems particularly silly - there should be a way to dismiss the error message permanently.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Intheshortwave 

If it's a multi day outage then the issues with the CS9994 probably won't go away until the internet is fixed.

Have you followed the online help for /cs9994  and checked all your cabling?  (I generally find rebooting the box fixes the issue)

Going forward are you connected via wifi or ethernet? Ethernet is best but if using wifi it's best to connect to the 2.4Ghz channel if possible, although slower than the 5Ghz channel the signal is stronger and you don't need the additional speed for the TV, streaming, catch up etc.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sure, but what I'm saying is that there's no need for the TV to become unusable with a pop up that appears every 30 seconds.

Hi Intheshortwave,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any frustration with the pop up on the screen. 

As the fault can affect some Tv services, this error would show. 

^Martin