cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need engineer to move tv cable point

Ellajamie
Joining in

I need to book an engineer to move the tv point/cable to another wall - cannot find option on website and nightmare trying to get through on phone - please advise the quickest simplest way to do this

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ellajamie 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults) ideally calling around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ellajamie 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could text VM on 0753 305 1809 or use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services, often taking 4 to 6 hours, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults) ideally calling around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ellajamie, thank you for reaching out today, I would be able to help you with this.

There is a one off charge of £25, however I will send you a PM now.

Please do look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sorry to jump in on this. I have same problem.  Could anyone help me to book an engineer too? Much appreciated. 

Hi @LouiseDL12 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you - kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W