cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Client - Failed Install

jweeks
Joining in

We were given an install date for our virgin package of 21st May - cancelled Sky for 25th May thinking that would be enough crossover.  We've been waiting patiently for numerous construction./install visits to give us fibre broadband plus ultimate TV package and have so far got nothing!

We have no internet and continue to run our entire work and family lives from a 4G dongle that we are paying for independently.  We are not kept informed on when the work is being carried out and have reached a point where we cannot continue with no service - can anyone help us?

Or do I need to bite the bullet and return to Sky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

your post is typical when things go wrong - it might happen tomorrow or as the longest known on here it might take 18 months and in that case VM finally decided that they could not install so 18 months of compensation at a fiver a day is currently being decided via the arbitrator

theres a lesson there - go back to sky by all means but dont cancel the VM install - if you do they should pay compensation up to that point but they will simply cancel whaever the work is that needs doing - so if you decide in the future to try them again its back to square one

so let it happen then if you have gone to sky cancel VM in the 14 day cooling off period at no cost - work out what they owe you in compensation from 21st may to when it goes live and claim compensation - under the new amount thats nearly £6 a day - you might have to fight for it via the arbitrator but its worth having- you are alreay at a level of about 40 x £6 regardless

if you decide you dont want the hassle of waiting then open a complain now - wait for it to be fobbed off - ask for a deadlock letter and get whatever compensation you are owed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

your post is typical when things go wrong - it might happen tomorrow or as the longest known on here it might take 18 months and in that case VM finally decided that they could not install so 18 months of compensation at a fiver a day is currently being decided via the arbitrator

theres a lesson there - go back to sky by all means but dont cancel the VM install - if you do they should pay compensation up to that point but they will simply cancel whaever the work is that needs doing - so if you decide in the future to try them again its back to square one

so let it happen then if you have gone to sky cancel VM in the 14 day cooling off period at no cost - work out what they owe you in compensation from 21st may to when it goes live and claim compensation - under the new amount thats nearly £6 a day - you might have to fight for it via the arbitrator but its worth having- you are alreay at a level of about 40 x £6 regardless

if you decide you dont want the hassle of waiting then open a complain now - wait for it to be fobbed off - ask for a deadlock letter and get whatever compensation you are owed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jweeks, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I can see you've been in touch with the team about this, did they manage to resolve this for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jweeks
Joining in

No, spoke to someone on live chat that was the wrong the department, they were supposed to be transferring me but just ended back with the chat bot and gave up. Abysmal customer service as usual, I try nearly everyday to get through to the construction team on the web chat with the link from the email but I never get connected to anyone says it connecting me to somebody but no one ever replies. If I ring up the pre-installation team I speak to a clueless operator that feeds me crock of lies and then we start the cycle again. No wonder people carry on paying Sky's high subscription as they know people will come back after experiencing Virgin Media.

No problem, sorry to hear this. I will send you a PM so we can take a look into this for you.

Please look out for my message in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?