cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk call center

hjh40
Joining in

I don’t seem to be able to get someone at a uk call center.

im finding it very hard to get my problem solved and my ignorance I’m sure but in the call centers they ramble on and talk that fast I just can’t understand what they are saying .

i had an install booked for 19 July nobody turned up just what is going on is what I want to know the booking was made on 8th July and so far as I understand it was cancelled on 9th but they failed to inform me. So sat and waited all day to be told it could be Monday but to call back today Saturday just got off the phone to someone who talked so fast the bit I got was it could be at least two weeks but they will let me know. I’m now left with no internet as my other supplier disconnected the service on 18th July 

it’s a joke 

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cancelled and/or delayed installation dates are a common thread in these Forums.  Too late now, but general advice is not to cancel your existing supplier until the VM broadband is installed and you are past the 14 day cooling off period.

If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss with you.  In the meantime, you could use a 30 day Data SIM for internet access?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's not a joke as you suggested. It's the way Virginmedia run their business.

Do you know if there is an existing VM cable from the street into your property?  If there isn't you could be waiting for weeks or even months for them to install it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

They have only just gone live in the area a card was thru the door so eagerly I went on and booked big mistake.

just the welcome email with booking details then one to say about direct debit and that’s it nothing else 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, they promise you an early date to get you hooked, and committed to them by cancelling your existing supplier.

You must keep a record of all correspondence with them, especially the installation date. You should be entitled to compensation under the Ofcom scheme, but you may have to fight for it. 

If you decide at any time to cancel the installation, you can do so without cost. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello hjh40

We're sorry to hear of the failed visit and delayed installation, we appreciate you taking the time to post this via our forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have raised this in another thread, we ask to not raise the same across multiple threads as this can convolute the information and delay any support possible. We have responded via the other thread so will arrange for this one to be closed. Please feel free to respond in the other thread which will remain open.