cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needs help resetting Pods

YIKES1412
On our wavelength

Hi there, I recently upgraded my Wi-Fi from 500mbs to 1gbs. So, they sent me a new hub5 to replace my hub3. And so, my Wi-Fi pods now need reset so that they can work with the new hub. Simple enough you would imagine. However, this is virgin. Twice now I have been told (once through the phone line, and once through WhatsApp) that I will get an engineer call me back within 24 hours. But I was lied to both times, and no one called back. Does anyone have a clue how to get these Wi-Fi pods to work with my new hub? Also, I'm paying for 1gbs, but my speeds are more like 650mbs, on my hub3 my speeds world usually be around 560mbs. So, it's not really much faster at all.

10 REPLIES 10

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

The VM forum team should be able to reprovision the pods for you. 

If you are ever offered a call back by VM customer services then it is a lie and you should reject it.

You won't get much above 650 Mbps over wifi. If you want the full shebang you need to use an ethernet connection. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Fingers crossed they can help me here then pal, thanks. It's a bit off that I won't get 1gbs. Why won't I get that through wifi? When I was on the 500mbs package I regularly got 560mbs through wifi. Is this just another virgin lie that I should get 1gbs?

You should get the full speed via a cable connection. VM only guarantee 30 Mbps over wifi regardless of your tier. Wifi is just too variable - see https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/wifi-challenges-and-limitations/

PS if you want to revert back remember the 14 day cooling off period. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Well last week when I had hub3 I was getting the full speed on wifi and then some. So why would I not get the full speed on hub5?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to understand the limitations of the devices you are using. Are your WiFi devices all WiFi 6 for example? How many aerials do they have? These things all affect WiFi speeds.  You may have reached the limits of those devices and you will not get any better speeds.  It’s just the nature of WiFi. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

YIKES1412
On our wavelength

Well I have an iphone 13 pro max if that helps you. My wifes samsung galaxy s21 and my laptop and my samsung tablet all report the same not anywhere near fast enough speed.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Run this VM speed test using the FULL test and post the results.   www.samknows.com/realspeed

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

YIKES1412
On our wavelength

IMG_8018.png

 That didn't work so well for me sorry 

YIKES1412
On our wavelength

So I downloaded the app and got this result

IMG_8019.png